Existing Member?

The Road Less Traveled By Serving to systematically document my travels on my journey to self-disovery. In reality, thoughts, musing, and experiences as I attempt to travel to as many worldly destinations as possible.

Day 55: Coming Home

KENYA | Wednesday, 24 April 2013 | Views [238]

The bus ride from Mombasa back to Nairobi was a thousand times better than our horrific ride there. Kelsey and I each got 2 seats to ourselves and the bus even showed movies. Even so, we couldn’t wait to get off and get home at the end of our 10 hour ride. We got into Nairobi at 6:30 am and then had to matatu home to Rongai. I nearly got pickpocketed in the city, but Kelsey and I both stopped the guy before he got anything. By the time we got back to Rongai, we both just crashed. We went to Bomas later in the afternoon, after napping and doing laundry. Unfortunately, since it is now the rainy season, it rains every night. It started pouring on our way home from Bomas, and our matatu driver didn’t drop us off where he was supposed to. Walking in the rain would’ve been fine, except that we both had our computers. Due to getting caught in the rain, my battery was completely shot, and I spent a better part of the night trying to do surgery on my computer to save it. Since my iPod was stolen in Mombasa, I really couldn’t let my computer die and be without any contact with home. Needless to say, a far cry from Mombasa.

About cfleisch10


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.