Existing Member?

6 Months, 15 Countries, 2 Parents and 1 Two year old Look what we're up to this week!!!

Preparations

USA | Thursday, 11 April 2013 | Views [397]

So here we are, two weeks before we leave our house and three weeks before we leave the country.  To say the least, I'M STRESSED OUT!  When we originally thought of this trip, it sounded so relaxing and like a needed break from responsibility and stress.  But with only a few weeks to go and still in the planning phases, I have insomnia most nights and have gained weight. Things are starting to come together though: major flights have been booked, we bought new suitcases (that are a God-Awful rust color to deter thieves from stealing your average black tourist bag), travel-friendly clothes and the smallest/lightest items available are all ready to be packed.  Our house is leased and we have prepaid bills. But my mind is still spinning around the fact that there is a six-month trip looming with minimal reservations made or clear agendas identified.  

Our plan is to partially "wing it".  We know we are spending a week with friends on a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands (so excited!), then back to WA for a last "baby tour" with extended family before heading out for the full six months abroad.  First to Central America (Nicaragua, Guatemala and Belize) for six weeks, then to Europe for three months and, finally, to Southeast Asia for the last six weeks.  If all goes well, and we haven't found a village somewhere to stay, we will be back in the US on Nov 1st.  

I will try to update every week or so with as many pictures as I can upload, but be patient, I might get too busy lying on the beach to log on.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.