Existing Member?

Cath's travels

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 9 August 2008 | Views [639]

Well, last entry was a million years ago. On next leg of my year in exile, and spent a few days in Darwin, the top end of Oz. Awsome friendly people!!! The houses are exactly the kind of rubbish pre-fab jobbies you see in Home and Away - had lunch in 'The caravan park" woohoo!

Off to Cairns early, as Ayers Rock was way too expensive, plus as on Auzzie said ' It's just a rock'. Mabye I'll live to regret it, but my bank balance will thank me.

Miss Asia big time - since Vietnam, went to Laos (for a five day sleeping/reading/hammok extravagansa in the Four Thousand Islands) - bliss!

Then popped into Cambodia - supposedly the highlight of my trip - the place I was looking forward to the most - ended up doing nothing but watching films, eating shite wester food, drinking gross whiskey in a pink bucket - but also met some brilliant people and had a FAB time!! Surrounded by Irish people - twas muchos fun!

Following Cambodian carnage, went to Malaysia to meet the parents woohoo! Stayed in plush hotels - hotels not hostels, and had a bath oh my god!!! Was great to see them and spent two weeks in their indulgent company. Then went to Borneo - didn't see much but it was fun!!

So now in the land down under! V expensive - spend 100 quid in to days shit shit shit!! Trying to think of genius ideas for saving money - may buy a penny whistle and dance my way down the east coast.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.