Existing Member?

Australia Trip!! Setting out to discover the most powerful sense of freedom, happiness & growth.

Sydney to Coffs Habour.

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 12 March 2013 | Views [555]

Hello hello hello... 

Well once agin it has been a while since I updated. Seems silly that I can't seem to find time to update this when I'm not working full time or anything but it feels like I'm always busy! Anyway, last time I updated I was in Canberra night the night. After spending a night in Canberra I decided to head to Sydney as I found Canberra abit boring with not much going on, and the backpackers was quite expensive. After a short drive to Sydney I decided to look for a backpackers for the weekend and soon realised it was the weekend of the Mardi gras, and there was no accomadition left in Sydney what's so ever! lucky I've got a van to stay in I guess...

I spent a few days/nights in the van not doing much for the first few days as it was very rainy, which makes it hard to look around or do anything. But decided as the Mardi gras was on, I should go and check it out! So spent Saturday night at that, and loved every minute of it! Such an experience, and I'll deff go back and do it again! I spent most of the rainy days applying for temp jobs in Sydney, just to get abit of cash back as all I'm doing is spending at the moment. Once

Monday come around I was able to book into a backpackers. And what the best decision that was! I spent around a week there, and honestly didn't want to leave. Great facility's, awesome staff, and everyone was like a big family. The week consisted off cooking different foods from different caulters for everyone to try. heading out with about 30 people to a pub on the weekend. heading to the beach together and just having an awesome time with everyone involved! I can honesty say some of the people I met that week ill be friends with for life! Couldn't be happier... 

The weekend just been I also picked up a cash in hand job doing some modelling for a photo shoot. Getting paid while having fun and will get the photos back also! Winning! Through out the week I also found a surf shop in bondi which was closing down and had half price boards, so I brought a board! I figured the price I was paying to hire them out, plus the hassle of it, it would soon pay its self off. Not to mention that I can get a lot more practice now! 

So after spending almost 2 weeks in Sydney and not finding much work I decided it was time to move on towards the east coast! A couple of nights before heading off I got speaking to a dutch girl named gritta at the backpackers. And we worked out we were both heading the same way and worth looking for work. So I offered if she would like to come travel with me in the van, and hopefully find some work along the way. So we left Sydney together and headed to port Macquarie for the night. Where we met a beautiful count couple who where also traveling in a van. We spent the night parked down on the beach together, having drinks and twirling fire. What a great un planed night! In the morning we all planed to rise early and go for a surf, but it was dead flat. So instead, I took a yoga session on the beach, and cooked everyone some yummy oats with golden syrup and bananas! 

After that myself and gritta come up the coast some more to Coffs Habour where we went to a little Dutch place, and the big banana. And of corse got a banana shake and creaps! We decided to head just out of coffs for the night, and found a beautiful look out where we have parked for the night. Fair to say the sunrise in the morning will be amazing! Heading to Byron bay in the moring and couldn't be more excited!! Also loving having someone new to travel with. Gritta is amazing, and we get along so well.. Always smiles and laughs! 

I think now, after being on the road for 7 weeks I'm staring to really feel like a backpacker and fit in and love the life style. I've never felt so alive, but at the same time, relaxed and content with everything. Excited to see where the next few months take me! 

Missing everyone xoxox

Tags: beach, coffs, new travel buddy., port, surf, sydney

About cassie27

Just me....:)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.