Existing Member?

Australia Trip!! Setting out to discover the most powerful sense of freedom, happiness & growth.

Victorian coast

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 20 February 2013 | Views [565]

On my last post we were spending our last night in Tasmania. Our trip of the spirt of Tasmania way the way back was just as good a on the way there, not rough or any sea sickness at all. After arriving early morning in melbourne we had some breakfast on the beach, then killed some time in st Kilda doing some shopping for the morning. We then headed to china town, where we went to a little hidden gem called dumpling house! The absolute best food, and redicilously cheap! 

We then come down the coast a little to Geelong where we spent that day looking around and went out to a nice pub for dinner. We thought we would so something nice since it was valentines and all. We spent the night in the van parked up on a hill looking out over the ocean, with a beautiful sunset and sunrise. The next morning we found a gym in Geelong and smashed out a work out. We then showerd and headed down to ocean grove. Once there we spent the day sun baking on the beach and swimming. That night, since it was a Friday we decided to head out and see what was happening. We went to the barwon heads pub and had a few drinks, a pretty quiet night but met some good people. 

The next morning we woke on ocean grove and it was nice and hot, so we showerd on the beach then come down the coast a tiny bit more to Torquay. After having a look around we new we would love it here, such a relaxed and beautiful place, and lots going on. That night being a saturdheaded got ready and headed out to the local pub. And what an awesome, eventful, random night it was!! Met some locals and ended up back at a house party until the early hours of Sunday morning. After a big weekend we spent the next few days in Torquay chilling out and relaxing. On Monday we had our first surfing lesson. Couldn't have picked a better day for it to. 35 and sunny.. And perfect waves for us to learn on. We where very lucky the there was only myself, Emma and one other guy. We all picked it up very easy and spent the day catching some waves and also getting smashed by the ones we didn't get! 

After spending another night in Torquay we decided to move on down other coast to Lorne. Another nice coastal town but with the weatthings king abit of a turn its abit chilly to be relaxing on the beach. We had plans to hire a board and wet suit for today and get back into the surf. But after waking up this morning and doing yoga we went for walk. Following a track that took us through some pretty rough bush, steep ups and downs, over rocks and branches. It was a good work out, until I lost my footing and did my ankle. Worst part of it, we had to walk all the way back to the van. Fair to day I haven't been in this much pain for a very long time. So that was our day of surfing out the window as I can handly walk. 

We have booked into a caravan park not far out of Lorne for the night. It's absultly stunning! Surounded by mountains and a river, the beach across the road. We  plan to head back to Torquay tomorrow, then back to Melbourne Friday. 

Missing my family and friends and funny enough work! Feels like I've been gone months now, not weeks. I feel like I've seen so much and met so many people already. But thats all for now. shall update again soon. Xox 

Much love... Xox 

Tags: amazing people., beaches, good times, surfing, victoria

About cassie27

Just me....:)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.