Existing Member?

on the other side

TRANSIT AT BANGKOK

THAILAND | Monday, 24 October 2011 | Views [413]

#9:

After another 11 hours flying, we have our 2-hour stop at Bangkok to clean and re-fuel the plane. Strangely to me, it is not from 3 to 5 in the morning, but in the afternoon! Now I’m completely confused. Why I’d thought it would be the middle of the night, I have no idea; must be related to Justin Timberlake’s disease as well. But this is when I start understanding something I had been wondering about since the beginning: if we were leaving London at 10 something pm and landing in Australia at 6 am the next morning, where would the jet lag come from? I would just sleep all the way through my journey and wake up fresh as a rose in Sydney. Now it hits me: it’s not a one-night flight, it’s one night plus one day, and not even I am capable of sleeping for so many hours. By now I’ve slept all that I needed, and there are still 9 hours to go till Sydney... I start wondering if it is sane to do such a long trip for less than a 6 months stay.

 Anyway, can I say I’ve been to Bangkok even if I haven’t left the airport? I don’t care, I’ll say it anyway: I’ve been to Bangkok, and I have a photo to prove it:

[please disregard the airport ceiling above the exotic monument] I've even had the privilege to come into close contact with some of the local fauna: a bug at the airport and some birds that I’ve seen from the plane. Mostly storks and egrets, but I’m sure they were from some rare local subspecies.

Tags: journey

About canhona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.