Existing Member?

on the other side

TRANSIT AT LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 23 October 2011 | Views [333]

#6:

So, 2:40 hours more on a plane to London – slightly delayed, and on arrival there were no airport bus drivers available so we were stuck in the plane for quite a while. Then a six hour-wait at the airport, wandering back and forth, trying to work a bit, trying to read. Lots of noisy and coughy people. I don’t want to get ill while I’m travelling! Cover your mouths, people!

 

#7:

If you’ve watched the recent film “Friends with benefits”, you probably noticed Justin Timberlake couldn’t do calculations properly. I don’t know how that disease is called, but I have it too. I had a few pounds lefts from the last time I’d been to the UK, so I carefully calculated how much I could spend on food to have just enough left for a coffee. Really carefully. So I bought a something-roll, the only warm one that didn’t sound like it had anything too spicy in it, but I had forgotten that in this country almost everything is too spicy. My tongue still hurts… And, surprise of surprises, I’d done my calculations wrong and I’m left 6-pence short of enough money for a coffee. And I needed a coffee… Snif.

 

#8:

Long time sitting at the gate before the flight to Sydney, which I find out is via Bangkok. This extra stop was not mentioned in my ticket! Too bad it’s in the middle of the night, so I won’t be able to see much of Thailand from the plane, or much of the crazy Thai traffic form the airport.

Tags: journey

About canhona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.