Existing Member?

on the other side

TRANSIT AT SYDNEY

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 24 October 2011 | Views [363]

#10:

Sydney at last! I have to fill in a passenger arrival form and I have no idea which day it is anymore, so I leave the date for the airport personnel to fill in. And I can’t feel my butt any more! In fact I can’t even see it, I think it has turned in.

 Now I have about 7 hours to walk around Sydney city centre and reactivate the blood flow in my legs. The weather’s not too good, rainy and grey, but it’s just showers and the temperature is mild. I start by the harbour and Opera House obviously, then a bit of the Royal Botanic Gardens, The Rocks, Harbour Bridge, Chinese Garden + Chinatown... Lovely city, with an interesting mixture of modern and old-fashioned styles. And the walk feels really good after so many hours sitting down. But I spend nearly 100 euros just for this, including the return train ticket from the airport to the city centre and the baggage storage at the airport. Australia is not cheap and the currency exchange commission is a rip-off... Makes us appreciate living in the euro zone!

[check ou my jet lag face, getting worse since Bangkok!]

About canhona


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.