Existing Member?

Cambodia Challenge

Day 6 - Kampot to Sihnoukville not cycling and beach time

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 10 November 2009 | Views [744]

Well i didn't see anything in Kampot except the inside of the cambodian hospital and the toilet bowl. Again, i was disappointed i would miss a second day of cycling. I was still quite weak but definately much better than the night before. We had breakfast at a local restaurant. I took it easy and had some baguette with raspberry jam. Someone said Raspberries were good for an upset stomach. Not sure if that is an old wives tail or not. The girls got back on the bikes and it seemed that they were knocking the 10 km's over in no time. In fact, they had done the whole 30kms in one and a half hours. Nak had told them this would be the hardest day but they said it was really easy. Maybe they are getting used to the riding now. The Beach Club Hotel was our new hotel in Sihnoukville. This is another beach side town. I didn't stray to far from the hotel or the nearest toilet. I managed to make a trip down to the water with Vicky and Fiona. I wasn't prepared for being bombarded by the sales people - kids and adults. One lady wanted to paint my nails. So i said yes later. She tagged me with her bracelet and told me it was free. Of course, I felt obliged to have my nails done. So i told her that i would do it later because we had just arrived and i wanted to have a look around. This place really reminded me of Pattaya in Thailand. The sun was setting over the water. The foreshore was dotted with bars that extended right onto the beach. They had big round lounges that looked really comfy. We sat down in one bar. The nail lady didn't stop following us. So i decided to let her do my nails. Then the kids selling bracelets came up to us. One kid called Nick wasn't Cambodian. He was Vietnamese. He was the best salesman. He had an answer for everything and his english was perfect. I felt overwhelmed as a guy selling sunglasses also came along. They surrounded me and i had to tell them to back off. It was simply too much to have 5 people around me trying to sell me something. I had a manicure pedicure. Then the lady brought out some cotton. She put it between her teeth and then pulled it like a scissor action to pull hairs from my leg. She said that my leg hair would stay like this for 3 months. I had never seen anything like it. But it was taking too long. We wanted to go to the markets before they closed. In the end, they did one leg and left parts unfinished. I told them i would come back so they could finish but i didn't. We didn't have that long in Sihnoukville but i was happy with the time that we had there. The Beach Club had a swimming pool but i decided that i didn't want to spread any germs and infect anyone else. I skipped dinner that night too - i just needed some time out to sleep and be by myself.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.