Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

UK - Windsor, Stonehenge & Bath

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 22 December 2007 | Views [728] | Comments [1]

Coach picked me up fron the Hotel around 8.00 & we headed straight for Windsor Castle after picking up a few more passengers. Ended up being quite a packed bus with only 2 spare seats, I scored a seat which was cool room to stretch out :-).


Winsdor really impressed me, so much to see, I could spend a few days here going through the mulitude of collections on display from every era of the empire. Saw alot & learnt too much to remember but I've certainly caught the History bug & will be researching more of my British ancestory when I return. I mentioned to one of the info guys that I'd recently been to Waterloo in Belgium & he proceded to take me to all the Napoleon related displays which was great, tieing info into what I'd already learnt.

I seem to constantly run into other Aussies on these tours which is great & there were a few on this tour, chatted with one on the bus & a coiuple of young girls at lunch.

Lunch was at Stonehenge pub, bangers & mash, how very English & very nice it was too.

Stonehenge was inspiring, already knew most of the known history but it was greqt to be refreshed & to actually see the place with my own eyes. The weather today has been great as the photos show, but of course it has been rather chilly, around 5-7 degrees. Dressing acordingly, I hardly notice anymore.

Bath as a city is gorgeous & again I would love to spend nore time here one day. The ancient Roman baths we visited were quite a surprise, walking on stones laid thousands of years ago & marvelling at the inginuity of these ancient builders. So much amazing history here.

We headed back to London, where I checked into my roon at the Montana Hotel, Kensington, very nice :-)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

You weren't supposed to go there without me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you'll have to go back when your rich and famous with me as your secretary :D

Glad to hear your having a great time buddy, everyone here sends hugs, cept Gray cause HE wants to be you right now! :D

  Little Pagan Dec 26, 2007 11:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.