Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

Croatia - Split

CROATIA | Tuesday, 4 December 2007 | Views [2366] | Comments [7]

View of Split & the Adriatic sea.

View of Split & the Adriatic sea.

Caught the 17.45 out of Ljubljana (Slovenia) arriving back in Zagreb (Croatia) around 21.30 last night. The overnight connecting train to Split didn't leave untill just before 11.00pm so had some time to kill. Upon entering the main square I came accross a free open air concert going on, was a nice welcome back to Zagreb, I'm sure they must have put it on for me.

I popped back to the Hostel I had stayed in, to thank the guys there & to say farewell (I rushed out of there pretty fast a few days ago). They were very happy to see me & greeted me like a long lost friend. I promised to return one day, which I'm sure I will :-) Had a lovely dinner & wandered through the Xmas Markets back to the train station with plenty of time to spare, for once.

Walked the length of the train looking for a empty "cabin" couldn't find one, DUH ! but in the last car I noticed a Croatian guy, with a guitar on the seat next to him, sweet, someone to jam with on the way. Turns out it was a bass so couldn't jam, but we had a great chat about life the universe & evertyhing. He even invited me to stay with him & his family on Hvar Island anytime while I'm there, could be cool !

We got along famously as do most fellow Muso's - Music is such the international languge ! I played him a few songs I'd written & we talked well into the next day. Couldn't really sleep so was nice to have someone to talk to.

Arrived in Split just after 7.00am pretty tired, again. Hero (not his name but as close as I can get to writting it) jumped a ferry to Hvar aroung 9.00am & I spotted a internet cafe where I'm doing this update.

Going to have a wander around town for a while get some breaky & consider joining my new friends offer of cheap accomodation on a Dalmation Coast island, before heading to Dubrovnik. Life is good :-)

Day 2 - Ended up staying in Split for the night, another nice Hostel, I've been picking them well of late. Spent the day yesterday walking around Split & the large park on the edge of the city, great views but another very long walk. Had dinner with a few of the guys from the Hostel, sharing my tips of places to stay & things to see/do in places I've already been, the wheel turns. Jumping on a ferry this afternoon to Hvar Island for 1, maybe 2 nights.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Your amazing. I hope all this traveling will help with that story you once told me by The Manor Pool over a bottle of Jacks or was it Johhny Red?? Anyways, stay safe, and I am so glad that your there, and that your going to see Marillion!!! Damn, I teeny bit jealous, but not half as bad as Steve. Stay safe old Mate, and please get in touch with me when you get back. I want to hear all the stories for real!! My shout for Jacks and Club Canadian...:-)

Luv always,

Mel...xo

  MEl Dec 6, 2007 8:13 AM

2

Hey traveller. Mindy sent me your little diary. Looking awesome. Well done. I am soooo jealous. We all here working away while you are holidaying and having lots of fun.

  Tammy Dec 6, 2007 12:33 PM

3

You're certainly getting around and seeing some great sights. Weather appears to have improved, great to see you and other travellers sharing best areas to visit.
We're still at Kingscliff, warm and humid. Take care.
Love Mum and Dad.

  Mum and Dad Dec 6, 2007 1:34 PM

4

Hi AC,

Nice photos - Split and Zagreb look great!
I'm at Marsfield today - reading your journal from your PC !

Keep havin fun! Hope the weather stays good!!

Nick.

  Nick Dec 7, 2007 3:49 PM

5

Friday afternoon, no more news from you, you're probably at Hvar Island. Will log again on Sunday.
Love Mum and Dad.

  Mum and Dad Dec 7, 2007 4:48 PM

6

I'm very impressed with your photos. Chat to you soon. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Puppies barked hi to you. They send their love to you.

Fi

  Fiona Churchward Dec 7, 2007 11:42 PM

7

Hi APKB!
Your trip looks so cool. It is great to read that you are meeting so many of the locals. Cannot wait to see your photos and hear about your trip over a coffee when you get back.
Did you get to the town called 'Solin'?
Will write soon and happy travels,
Marica

  Marica Dec 12, 2007 7:29 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.