Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

Český Krumlov (CK)

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 22 November 2007 | Views [1237] | Comments [8]

Český Krumlov - Overcast - but still beautiful

Český Krumlov - Overcast - but still beautiful

Day 1

Checked out of my 5 star Hotel, took the Tram & a Train to Florec (main Prague bus station) with plenty of time the spare, my pack is way to heavy but I guess I'll get used to it. Was just about to board the bus when I heard a voice hehind me say "are you from Australia?"..... Yay !! I've met my first fellow travelling Aussie, Fiona from Perth.

She was also heading to CK so was lovely to have some to talk to for the 3 hour bus ride. The sceney was nice with snow cover fields & little villages along the way. Arrived in CK & met with a few more travelers (2 American Guys & a Candian girl) all trying to work out how to get the Traveller's Hostel. The 5 of us set off into town to find it. What a beautiful little Town CK is. More cobblestone streets, but my feet are getting used to them now. The lightly snow covered roofs of the houses buildings makes the place very fairy tale like. Found the hostel with no trouble, checked in & we all headed out to explore together.

Myriam, Fiona, Jeff, Nathan & I walked for a few hours around the town sampling some local snacks, I really like this place :-) Headed out for dinner later in the evening. Met a couple English guys who were staying in the same Dorm (6 beds) as Fiona, Myriam  & I. We all headed to a few bars, tried Absinthe, now that's one potent drop ! Played cards & chatted late in the night.

Day 2

Woke before everyone else & enjoyed a nice morning walk through the town again. Had a big hearty breakfast with everyone then headed out to get some Video footage for the "Nostradamus" video, perfect setting for it. Had a relaxed afternoon & made plans for leaving CK in the morning, planning on a quiet night after last nights excesses I need it. Next stop Vienna.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Great photo. Sounds like you are having fun.

  Fiona Churchward Nov 22, 2007 10:28 AM

2

Have I mentioned lately that I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
Sounds great, looks even better, jealousy is a bad thing! ;)
Got a guitar yet? songs written? ARGH! I bet I wouldn't have writers block over there!

  Little Pagan Nov 22, 2007 4:51 PM

3

We're reading your travel blog with smiles on our faces and pictures still in our memories of being in the places you're now enjoying. So happy to hear you having a ball. ")
Keep up the writting. We're loving reading it each day.
Cheers Steve & Sarah

  Steve McAlpine Nov 22, 2007 5:16 PM

4

Contact me before you head to Netherlands !
Got important news about Marillion gig.
;)
Steve

  Steve Nov 22, 2007 6:19 PM

5

Great to read what you are doing and see photos, our internet has never been used as much, glad we have broadband now. We are looking forward to tomorrow's blog news. Have fun.
Love Mum and Dad

  Mum and Dad Nov 23, 2007 2:41 PM

6

loving your big adventure. stay away from strange women (lol) have fun and be careful.

  lynley andrews Nov 23, 2007 6:59 PM

7

Hi Andrew, I'm a friend of Lynley's and have only been back a few weeks from Europe. We too went to Prague but it was slightly warmer when we were there (mid Oct). I'm loving reading your blogs and seeing your photos. Enjoy the adventure.

Belinda

  Belinda Reedman Nov 23, 2007 9:19 PM

8

Hey there mate,
It's sounding great....Hope you were alright after the Absinthe (HA,HA!!)
Can't wait to see the video footage for "Nostradamus" !!
It's great to hear that you found some people to travell with.

  Rob Nov 29, 2007 2:54 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.