Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Tuesday, 20 November 2007 | Views [687] | Comments [1]

Another view of St Vitus Cathedral inside the walls of Prague Castle

Another view of St Vitus Cathedral inside the walls of Prague Castle

Day 1 - Prague

Arrived incredibly tired yesterday, but stayed awake for another 8 hours so I could start adjusting to the time difference. Explored Prague's cobblestone streets, which I'm sure were designed to give me blisters. Got lost a few times, but once I worked out the trams I was fine.

Day 2 Prague 

Woke up feeling a lot better than I expected. Took the 23 tram up to the Castle nice & early (before the tour groups)got up there around 9.00.

"Prague Castle is the largest castle area in the world. It's three courtyards and a number of magnificent buildings cover over 7 hectares(18 acres)"

What a place ! (see the photos below) Great views of the city. Was a bit hazy today, but was a very nice sunny day. The sun here has absolutely no heat in it, it just sits there glowing. it reached a rather chilly 3 degrees today, but suprisingly it doesn't feel that cold ?

The cathedral inside the castle walls was amazing, I wandered around checking out the stained glasss windows when I noticed a sign mentioning stairs up a tower.... had to check it out.... my GOD !! round & around the worn stone steps (nearly 300 I found out.... later), it felt like it would never end, it was a tight fit when encountering people coming back down, but eventually I made it to the top, chated with an equally exhausted American girl from Maryland for a few mins before venturing out for a look. Was so worth the effort ! (see the Prague photos) coming back down was easy (other than the squishing past people again).

Caught the tram back to town & walked around a bit more till I found this internet cafe, where I'm writing this. I also need to work out how to get to Cesky Krumlov, I've decided to head there tomorrow.

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

well done...looks and sounds beautiful....

wish i could see it....never been overseas ..sounds wonderful..congratulations..relax and enjoy the adventure :)))

  lisa page Nov 21, 2007 10:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.