Existing Member?

Tessendorf's Abroad

Leg 5: Oslo-Stockholm, 526km

NORWAY | Monday, 28 August 2017 | Views [307]

There are only two trains per day between Oslo and Stockholm. The first one at 5.30am, which is totally inappropriate for holidays and the second at 1.30pm. The second train it is!  
Unfortunately, not too much to report for this trip. Except that Steph was hideously ill, from about 15minutes into the train ride. We had rear facing seats, which is not ideal, but Steph wanted to see how it went. After about 10 minutes though, it was too much, so Steph moved a few rows down to some vacant forward facing seats and hoping the nausea would settle. But oh, it did not! Very grateful for the stack of plastic bags in each row, intended use as rubbish bags.
About 2hrs into the trip, the people who had been allocated the seats that Steph had claimed were now boarding the train. So it was back to our allocated seats and Steph set up camp on the floor, so as to be facing forwards. A few more plastic bags and it all seemed to be over now. Steph had a big sleep, as did Bevan and the rest of the journey was pretty subdued. We suspect that the gluten free sandwich that Steph had at lunch, was in fact, not so gluten free. 
Bevan does report that the scenery was very picturesque, lots of forest and water. 
We arrived in a Stockholm, Steph feeling better and excited about the next city to explore. 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.