Existing Member?

Sun is Shining...

Ao Tonsai

USA | Saturday, 17 February 2007 | Views [627] | Comments [1]

Saw-wa-dee-ka (hello)!

We arrived in Thailand nearly two weeks ago and have spent nearly all our time in Tonsai on the Railay Peninsula.  We found a little green bungalow which we are happy to call home for the remainder of the month.  It is a little concrete structure and is pleasantly clean and critter free as far as bungalows go, the only strange thing is the plaid curtains and little heart rugs (definitely not Thai style!). 

Brian and I are finally starting to feel comfortable climbing on the steep rock walls and have even done a few multi-pitch climbs with Dave  (friend from California).  We have also taken advantage of a few island trips, one snorkeling trip to many remote islands, another to Koh Phi Don, and a third to Koh Phi Leh where we spent a few nights.

We have been eating all the local treats such as tropical fruits, mangos and sticky rice, chicken on a stick, fresh fish, and really tasty pancakes wrapped around bananas with a bit of chocolate smeared on top!  Brian has been supplementing almost every dinner with a small serving of very hot peppers or any hot sauce he can get his hands on.  The food is truly wonderful and the people have been kind and are generally wearing a smile on their face. 

Hope everything is well and much love from Ao Tonsai! 

  

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

So happy to hear from you. Everything sounds wonderful, except for all the hot peppers. Sounds like you may have picked up on a bit of the local language. Keep communicating and be safe.

  Pat and Dave Feb 18, 2007 3:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.