Existing Member?

The BIG Trip

Lion King = AWESOME.

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 9 December 2011 | Views [371]

This morning dawned still, blue and beautiful. We got up, cleaned up and packed the last few bits and pieces before a quick breakfast at the hostel. On the road again with our gear and past Boots for toothpaste and other essentials as our Cambodian toothpaste has finally run out – sad day. Back through the centre of town taking pics of all the places we missed so far before we waited at the bus stop for our Megabus to arrive. While we waited Roni saw a squirrel scrap out a big black backed gull! More footage and photos of squirrels taken before our bus arrived and we hopped on for an uneventful ride back to London.

On arrival we caught the tube to Leicester Square and spent time wandering the streets of Chinatown and the West End before pausing for lunch. By this time it was getting later so we met Rawiri, Laura and her cousin Dave at their usual parking building to deposit our bags in the car. Dave and Laura headed off on a mish to Harrods while we three hunted for Lion King tickets.... Long story, they had booked tickets then we didn’t get sorted in time, then had half price ones on the net in the morning then gone, now we tried four or five of the half-price ticket booths in the West End only to find it was sold out. Gutted.

Rawiri had an idea though so we went to the theatre itself in a last ditch effort...SUCCESS!!!! Woohoo!!! Then we tube-d it to Hyde Park where we were to meet Laura and Dave at Winter Wonderland, ever so much bigger and flasher than the Cardiff version! Yummy smells, cool lights and other such fun before we all hopped back on the Tube and back up those 193 steps at Covent Garden to our destination of the Lyceum theatre.

The Lion King was AWESOME. Mufasa’s singing voice blew us away, as did the lament the lionesses sang for him and the older Nala’s voice in the second half. Their portrayal of animals through costuming, movement and lighting was just amazing and of course we had a quiet sing along with some of the old favourites. Our seats were a bit scattered but it meant Bray got to sit with a cute couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary – lovely. Afterwards we walked the others back to their car before tubing home to share a little of our Lion King joy with Clare and her cousin Anna before sleep-time.

About braynroni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.