Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Good day in Monaco

FRANCE | Tuesday, 29 June 2010 | Views [325]

So time for an update,

Yesterday (sunday) was pretty unproductive as theres no real point dockwalking on sundays im told so I spent the morning pretty seedy after saturday night. doz of beer and a bottle of win comes to about 6 euros sooo was a good night. Went to a flat of some mates mates etc then went down to the town here. The apartment/flat im in now is all good, prime spot, and flatting with all kiwis so its all good and more social. Sunday arvo I caught up with a mate from chch whos staying on a yacht and had a few beers then went to the hop to watch England get dicked by Germany. Plenty of fans for each team, was a good time.

Monday 28th I got up nice and early, about 6am, went to berlieu Ser Mer port and dockwalked for a couple of hours and handed a few cvs out. Talked to a south african owner who has about a 20m private yacht who may have some work for me in late july if im still here, crusing round the greek islands and helping out on the boat. Lets see what happens. After lapping the dock several times i headed to monaco. Monaco is sick! Huge port, huge boats and man there is some money there! Amazing place. Handed out a few Cvs and then came accross a boat looking for day work so i got that job. worked from midday til 7.30pm and got 100 euros. Rent for next wek...happy there. Worked my arse off and he has just called me now to ask if i want to work again tomorrow but i have alreay agreed on helping out a captain for 8 or so hours tomorrow moving his apartment and general cleaning. Quite pissed off, but there wasnt a permanent spot on this boat, but they were stoked with what I did and have got my number etc so posibly more work when they get back from there trip. Dam it was hot today, quite cool being on the boat side of the dock though, plenty of nosey people checking out the yacht. The boat was called Tugatsu, will try and upload pics.

Another dude, mark from whangaparoa has just moved in on the couch for few nights. hes all good, so its all kiwis here!

Going to get some sleep for some work tomorrow. Good that ive got some work on my first day dockwalking. Keep it coming!

enough for now!

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.