Existing Member?

Life abroad.. Bit about the search for work on a yacht and life abroad!

Arrival in Antibes - First Day

FRANCE | Saturday, 26 June 2010 | Views [819]

So made it to Antibes last night after a delay in Marseille train station due to the national strike of the railway staff. Was lucky enough to fight my way onto the train as it was the only one to antibes that day. three hour trip, was all good, and some cool sites on the way. Saw bit of the destruction from the flooding.

Met mark at the station in Antibes and headed back to the apartment. The apartment is a studio apartment, two double beds, not flash or anything but its in a pretty prime spot and 2 mins from the sickest beach! Juan les Pins is the more touristy part than antibes but antibes is only a 20 min walk.

This morning i got up early and went to antibes. Some huge yachts and plenty of them, also plenty of crew in the same boat as me looking for work. Mate of mine Jon just signed a contract yesterday so hes pretty lucky. I didnt dock walk today, just got my bearings, went to a few crew agents and printed a couple of cv's. Will dockwalk tomorrow morning in Juan Les Pins, then may try antibes, and move on the Nice and Monaco each day of the week, then repeat it all over again. My best bet is getting some day work, so I need to be up nice and early to get some! Heres hoping

Supermarket food hre is pretty dam cheap which is good. Alcohol is also apart from if you go out and drink etc, may give in to the temptation of a beer or two, but wont be anything too big until i get some work. You can get a half doz of beer at supermarket for 3euros and you can drink on the each which is pretty popular at night so that will be the way we go.

this afternoon Mark and I went to Juan Les pins beach for couple hours. Amazing beach, small, but packed with people!

Just got me a baguette to munch on until dinner, only 80c. the way to go. Its wierd here, its sunny as until 10.30pm so i find myself having really late dinner, which is all good!

Heading into antibes tonight to catch up with Jon and print some more cv's for some dock walking tomorrow. Should be good. Enough for now.....fingers crossed

About bradenh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.