Existing Member?

Euro Adventures

Further Travel

ITALY | Friday, 17 August 2007 | Views [811] | Comments [1]

Sorry it has been so long, internet access has been a little difficult. We spent 2 weeks in Italy, mainly in the town of Civitella Del Lago in Umbria (above Rome) with Justin's family.It is a beautiful town on top of a hill/mountain overlooking a lake (there are some beautiful photos which I hope to add to this site later this week) We were very well looked after there and ate the most beautiful home made food - pasta, proscuitto, olive oil etc etc And great home made wine too! While there we visited Orvieto, Todi and Assisi. After Italy we travelled to Malta. On the way we spent a day in Rome, mainly walking around the Forum and a day in Naples (not so nice) From there we caught an overnight train to Catania, Sicily where we were catching our flight to Malta. We didn't sleep that night so spent a day in Catania in a daze and flew to Valletta, Malta that night. We stayed just outside the capital of Valletta with Justin's great aunt and her husband. Malta was very hot (as was Italy) and we mangaged to travel to a few different places on their ancient buses (pictures to follow). We went to the beach at St Georges bay, Paceville, the island of Gozo and fishing village of Marsalform, the Blue Grotto ( sea caves, the island of Comino and the Blue Lagoon 8 very beautiful and crowded. Will give better descriptions and add photos soon!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hi Clare
great to hear that you are having a fantastc time. have fun. it will be a year to remember!!!
love
Irene

  irene capicchiano Aug 26, 2007 8:49 AM

About bombers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.