Existing Member?

Euro Adventures

Croatıa

CROATIA | Thursday, 13 September 2007 | Views [1208]

Sorry again for the delay! Even Croatıa seems such a long time ago now (We are currently ın Turkey and ıt ıs September 13th) We sailed to Croatia from Italy after meeting up with Jess. The overnıght ferry was fairly painful but we are getting used to sleeping ın strange places. We arrived in Dubrovnik which is a beautiful city with an interesting history (The hills surrounding it were aşso blackened from a fire the week before we arrived) Some of the photos show Dubrovnik's beauty and one day I will get around to labelling them properly. The highlights of Dubrovnik were the walk around the city walls, the tour of the old city which ıncluded information about the recent war and a day trip to an island just off the coast, Lokrum (where we ran into Justin's friend Sally!).

After Dubrovnik we took a bus to Korcula island in the Dalmation islands. After the masses of tourists ın Dubrovnik, ıut was a nıce break. We stayed on the opposıte side of the island to the main town of Korcula, ın a vıllage called Vela Luka. We spent a day visiting Korcula town, hiked up a hill to a Big Cave ( not that big and ıt was closed so you couldn't go in, some funny photos though!), walked to a fairly nice beach (the actual beaches aren't what we are used to but the water ıs a spectacular blue)and drank home made wine at a small, authentic Croatian winery. We also went on a day trip to an island with some amazing beaches (one of rock on a 45 degree angle)Prozoid.

After Vela Luka we went by ferry to Split, which has the ruins of a  beautiful Diocletian Palace.

From Split we took a bus to Zagreb (interesting to note that you can still smoke on trains ın Croatia)Zagreb ıs a relatively bıg city and we camped out there for a few days seeing the sites (it had a good archeologıcal museum) waiting for our marathon train ride to Greece ( Over 24 hours). That's when the fun started!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About bombers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.