Existing Member?

Euro Adventures

Paris

FRANCE | Wednesday, 4 July 2007 | Views [600]

Hi everybody,

Sorry the website hasn't been updated for a while, we've been busy working and planning for our big summer trip. During the mid term break ( quite a while ago now) Justin and I went to Paris and met up with my sister Jess. The weather wasn't very kind but Paris is still beautiful Paris. The highlights for me were - having a baguette and wine picnic on the steps of Sacre Coeur, meandering slightly lost through the streets (when it had stopped raining), visiting the grand palace at Versailles, wandering through the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay. We also braved the Catacombs - a very stange place under Paris where the bones of millions of Parisians have been laid to rest artistically after they relocated cemeteries.

We went to Notre Dame again, always full of tourists but still amazing inside.

We also had a picnic in the Jardin de Luxemburg, also unfortunately raining that day. I went back there after Justin had returned to London for work and spent a few glorious hours lying on the deck chairs provided and watching the world go by in the sun ( think Justin took the rain back to London with him)

The other big moments for me were the dinners, we usually opted for set menus at not too expensive restaurants and were never let down - the food was simply wonderful (and even the cheap wine good too :)


Hope you all enjoy the photos.

Tags: Sightseeing

About bombers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.