Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Our first minor melt down!

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 25 July 2017 | Views [404]

Brooklyn melt down on the whale watching cruise...

Going into this 10 month trip we knew as a family that we would have some hiccups and we may not always have good days. Our first melt down happened with our oldest, Brooklyn, on our whale watching cruise. To begin with she is not very fond of boats and she does not like to be categorized or treated as a child.  She thinks she is already a teenager, at least at times. The day started out with her already having an attitude because she was not very excited to go out on the boat.  The the big blow came, she had to wear a child's life jacket, the same life jacket as her younger seven year old sister, Kaleigh.  She lost it.  Now understand Brooklyn is not hyper or vocal when she loses it, she shutsdown.   This was a complee shut down, for her a melt down.  

We had nearly a three hour trip, which we seen 4 humpback whales.  However, Brooklyn barely lifted her head from her lifejacket.  Even the tour guide tried to cheer her up.  He even tried to get her to switch jackets!  When she shutsdown, she usually just needs time.  While she took her time to come around, as I stated above we seen 4 humpbacks.  One say for the longest time with it tail just sticking out of the water, it was pretty cool.  She probably would have stayed that way, but a couple males came and chased her around....we got to follow.

Overall, we still had a good day.  Brooklyn made it, well the entire family, made it through the first melt down!  I see plenty more coming once school starts.....

 

 

We are making up on some post since we finally have internet!

Tags: melt down, south africa, whales

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.