Existing Member?

The Year Trip We are on another grand family adventure. This time we are taking 10 months to circumnavigate the globe!

Doha Qatar

USA | Friday, 14 July 2017 | Views [797] | Comments [3]

We completed the first plane ride of our journey.  We flew from Chicago to Doha Qatar.    Here we are before taking our first flight, you that is our complete language for the next 10-months.    My parents drove us to O’Hare for our first flight. 

departure 1 departure 2

The first flight was just over a twelve-hours, originally, we thought it was 16, so 12 was nice.   We are now just finishing cleaning up, resting, and booking our Eurail Train tickets on our 8-hour layover in Doha, before heading on to South Africa.  We flew Qatar Air which provided a free hotel because of the layover being greater than 8-hours.

 

Qatar  Qatar at night

 

 

Hotel Floor

Yup our first hotel of our trip was on floor 13!

 

Both girls did great on the flight.  The loved the care package they received in their seat on the plane. They both wanted to use the little toothbrush and tooth paste!  There was not one complaint for the entire twelve-hours, which shocked me a bit.  They used the entertainment systems most of the time, which had a great selection for kids, Brooklyn watched Baby Boss twice!  The flight provided more food than they could eat.  They both managed to get comfortable and sleep for several hours.  They were both a bit disappointed the flight was over.

 

Girls Sleeping

 

Well, I need to finish getting ready for out next flight leg to Cape Town, South Africa!

 

 Chris

 

By the way...Chris had to use the little toothbrush and toothpaste too!  HAHAHA

Elizabeth

 

Comments

1

13 is a very lucky and powerful number! I'm enjoying looking in on your blog every day! The pictures of Qatar are beautiful!

Kris

  Kris Anne Tobin Jul 15, 2017 2:43 AM

2

I hope it is a lucky number! Qatar was a lot prettier than I thought it would be. The ride back to the airport was pretty neat. All the lamp past down the street were covered with either blue, green, pink, or purple LED lights. It lite up the road uniquely. Originally, we had an option to extend our stay in Qatar, but we opted not to because of timing and had no idea what to do with the girls there, but now I wish we would have stayed at least one day.

  bombardo-family Jul 16, 2017 7:12 AM

3

Esas chicas tendran tanto que contar en la escuela cuando regresen

  Carola Sep 29, 2017 10:28 PM

About bombardo-family

Glacier National Park 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.