Existing Member?

In, Round, Up and Down A documented adventure around NZ in Rusty George, my mobile home

On the road

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 19 January 2011 | Views [403]

After the most amazing help from Don (Linden Motors - if buying a car in Wellington I strongly urge you to get this bloke to check it out, honest as the day is long) I soon piled all my gubbins into Rusty George atop of my part time bed for the next 5 months.

First stop Waikanae. Why? Why not? A quick stop at the beach and happened into a fellow English man, now a local, and talked about England through Philosophy to the Kaka bird's near extinction. Name escapes me but what's in a name?

Onwards Northbound to Jerusalem via the Wanganui River Road. The views here should be experienced first hand and the road is all about the scenery not speed, but I pre-warn those in a car of nervous disposition, the last 9km is gravel not road. Good ol' Rusty George passed his first test...just. Spent the night in St Joseph's in Jerusalem, clean, serene and cosy. 

Endured the 9km on the return trip and headed up the Atuene (Athens) Look-Out which is weel worth the trip on a clear day and after warnings about valuables in cars, I lugged my laptop with me too. More pain for my back!

 

About bobbybell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.