Existing Member?

Epic Proportions Keeping family and friends up-to-date with recent adventuring!!

Athens

GREECE | Tuesday, 14 October 2008 | Views [557] | Comments [5]

After nearly 2 days of travel, Marshall and I are finally in Greece! We've been cruising/pedxing the fashionable streets of Athens looking at all the old stuff, stuffing our faces with gyros, and attempting to pet all the feral kitties (kidding--no rabies here). We try to blend and think we kinda do because locals have guessed that we are Spanish or Argentinean (really?). The history is so rich and everywhere, turn a random corner in the city and BOOM, ancient ruin. But after two days of taking in all the beautiful sites (pictures to come as soon as I figure out how to upload them), we be headed off to Patras to soak up the sun.


We are staying with a couchsurfer, which I highly recommend. Not only did we get a free place to stay in the relatively expensive Athens, but a locals perspective of the town. Went to a funky bar last night and had interesting discussions on the vast cultural differences over a couple bottles of ouzo :)

Missing you all!

Comments

1

Hey glad to hear your trip started off well. Also I am really happy to hear that couchsurfing worked out. Shannon, I know that was you trying to pet the feral kitties (I tried for awhile in Portugal) kitties just aren't the same there as they are in Bellingham. Miss you guys I hope you continue to have a great time

-Mel

  Melody Oct 15, 2008 3:01 AM

2

Glad to hear you made it and things are going well. Please focus on the sights and not all the kitties! You can't bring any home. Looking forward to hearing about the Petras! Love you and take care of each other.

Mom

  Librarian Mom Oct 15, 2008 12:53 PM

3

Can you send me over a gyro?
(Sorry,I'll have something better to say next post I promise.)

  Emily Oct 16, 2008 1:43 PM

4

Hey, I am glad you are having a great time and the weather is "beach weather", unlike the great Pacific Northwest. Consider bringing a little of that home with you instead of a kitty or a ruin.

Pat/Mom

  Pat - M's mom Oct 19, 2008 6:24 AM

5

Thanks for the great blog. It was fun to come home to.
We hope to see pictures soon but the notes are almost like pictures

  Grandma Oct 19, 2008 2:34 PM

About blackbs2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.