Existing Member?

Feisty Adventures! Here's to a life of exploration!

It all hits me

CANADA | Sunday, 22 April 2007 | Views [1114]

On Friday afternoon I opened my mailbox to find a beautiful, new visa to Brazil waiting for me.  Wow!  It has all hit me this weekend, as I realize I have been holding my breath.  This visa is the last piece of the puzzle -- my ticket out of Canada.

Now I can actually begin to celebrate and plan this trip for real.  Tomorrow, I'll be in Halifax to receive my Yellow Fever vaccination.  This afternoon, a Brazilian woman named Fernanda will come over to visit and coach me in Portuguese and Brazilian culture.  She has been wonderful to talk to -- she's very sweet and is helping me to mentally prepare.  Plus, she sells Brazilian lingerie, so it will be a bonus to fit in with the locals right down to my undies.  I met her through the Valley Community Learning Association -- a local non-profit that works with literacy issues.  Fernanda was in touch with them for ESL training, and they put me in touch with her for some PSL coaching. 

Well, I should go wash up and tidy a bit before she gets here.  I haven't entertained in a long time.  I hope she likes herbal tea.

Tags: The Planning Phase

About bjjgirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.