Existing Member?

Feisty Adventures! Here's to a life of exploration!

Boa Tarde (Good Afternoon)

CANADA | Monday, 9 April 2007 | Views [1070]

This was a very relaxing Easter week-end.  I was able to catch up on my sleep and recover from the post-competition blues.  Last week-end I fought in Toronto and have never felt so sore or down after a competition before.  I trained very hard for this one, and my body has shut itself down for a bit to compensate.  However, I'm starting to feel much better now that I've slept. 

This weekend I have begun to learn Portuguese from a home-study course consisting of a book and two cassettes.  It has some pretty funky music to go along with each unit.  So far, I have a strong grasp of greetings and goodbyes.  I have such a long road ahead.

Lately I have been very worried about my cats while I'm away, but this afternoon I actually found someone to take care of them.  It was a huge weight off my shoulders.  The couple that lives above me has agreed to look after them, which is wonderful because they are cat owners themselves and very kind people.  I'm happy that Soleil and Shasta will be able to stay at home.

Well, my visa application was returned today.  Bummer.  But I just have to send the proper form of money back.  I didn't realize a certified cheque was something special.  I should have enough time to get it looked at and returned again (hopefully approved this time).

 

Tags: The Planning Phase

About bjjgirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.