Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Sweet Chariots and Stuffed Aussies!!!

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 7 October 2007 | Views [556]

We are now in the Sydney area for a couple of days. Met up with our Slovak friends for a couple of hours at Darling Harbour last night as they are flying home today. Then went to find somewhere to watch the England v Australia rugby and endede up in a totally rammed irish bar called Scruffy Murphys in the centre of Sydney. The atmosphere during the game was absolutely awesome, and the english were yelling out Swing low, sweet chariot at the tops of their voices throughout the game. When we won the place erupted with English travellers jumping up and down, chucking pints of beer around and high fiving each other. It was mental! The Aussies took it in good spirit but we did have abuse shouted at us from cars as we proudly staggered back to the hostel wearing our England rugby shirts with pride! We would like to apologise for the drunken texts and phone calls that were made to various people back home but we wanted to spread our happiness across the world.

Today we could of had a nice lie in as check out of our hostel wasn't untill 11am, but unfortunately had run out of clean clothes to wear so had to have a mad washing and drying frenzy to try and get everything done. As from 10am we were very kindly reminded every 15 mins over a loud tannoy system that we had to check out by 11am. It was like being at a hi de hi camp! Our hearts we racing- was the washing going to finish in time before the final announcement? Unfortunately we had to pack our bags in the communal area as the washing machine was on a go slow, so everyone got a glimpse of our Primark undies!!!!!!!!!

We are now at Bondi Beach and spent the day admiring the view of the surfer dudes and lifeguards in between power naps! Spending the night at a hostel in Bondi just chilling out, and returning to the same hostel that we were in Sydney for tomorrow night so were can do all the sightseeing stuff before flying to Bryon Bay on Tuesday for a few days R and R. Very cunningly left our big rucksacks in storage so were didnt have to carry them around Bondi today. Had enough of looking like Ninja Turtles carrying all our stuff on our backs!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.