Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Tasmanian Devils

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [556]

Had a good afternoon being shown round Cascades Brewery in Hobart on Wed. We were told its better to drink beer out of a glass than a bottle cos you get more of the flavour. Give anything a go once especially if it involves alcohol! After the tour we were given some tokens for free beer, cider and soft drink tasting, and as some people had to leave in a hurry they gave us their tokens too. A very pleasant afternoon was spent sampling the local grog, and watching the rain chuck it down outside. We asked if they exported to the UK as some of the beer and cider was really good, but they tend to only send stuff to Oz or keep it in Tasmania as they are only a relatively small brewery.  Shame! Might get hold of some in a Walkabout pub back home. 

Apologies to anyone who may have been expecting a postcard from Chav-whilst having a blonde moment she posted the cards complete with stamps but with no addresses on! Some things never change even on the other side of the world.

Yesterday we went on a tour with "Bottom Bits Bus company" to Wineglass bay and Freycinet national park. The views from various lookout points were totally amazing. We also made friends with some other travellers on the bus and went out for dinner with Jo, a girl we met on the tour who is staying in our hostel which is called the Pickled Frog!

We spent this morning looking round Salamanca Market and it was packed. When we have been out in the evenings the streets have been deserted, to the point that we expected a tumbleweed to come blowing down the road  (or a polar bear as its been so cold!)It was 6 degrees C on wed and thurs night. Pubs shut at 10pm weekdays, and the town comes alive at the weekend.


We are flying to Sydney this afternoon and looking forward to some warmer weather.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.