Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Crabbing it up!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 10 October 2007 | Views [459]

Left Bondi on Monday morning and returned to Sydney for a day of sightseeing. Managed to fit in the Botanical Gardens, Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, a ferry trip to Manly, walk around the rocks area, browsed around an art gallery that had drawings by Nelson Mandela in, and then went up the observation tower for a birds eye view of the city. Knackered after all that in about 6 hours!  Then went back to Railway Square YHA where we had left our big rucksacks overnight and checked in for one last night in Sydney.

One of the backpacker bars was advertising cheap drinks and crab racing. We both had crabs named after us -Chav and Loopy- but unfortunately they didnt win cos the prizes were really good. Never seen so many people get excited over 19 crabs! Got chatting to some other travellers and had a really good night.

Now we are in Byron Bay for some rest and relaxation. We have both had curry cravings for the past few days and went out with the other girls in our room and found a curry house. V nice. Its good to escape the madness of city life for a few days and go at slower pace of life. Flying to Cairns tomorrow to get some sunshine and top the tan. Planning on visiting a few islands on the barrier reef and doing not much at all. The last 2 weeks have been manic and we need a rest!!!

Tags: Sightseeing

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.