Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Stuffed Turkeys!!!

USA | Saturday, 24 November 2007 | Views [483]

We are now staying with Charlies step brother David and his wife Kimberly who live in Delaware. We flew into NY at 0100 on Tues morning and managed to find an airport hotel to crash in till 0630 when we got a shuttle bus  back to JFK airport to catch the coach into NY to the port authority bus terminal. We had been planning to get a greyhound bus to Delaware at 0900 but due to rush hour traffic missed this by 15 mins and had to wait 4 hours in the bus terminal for the next direct service. Finally caught the greyhound at 1345 and arrived in Delaware at 1700 where Kimberley picked us up.

We have been chilling out and relaxing at Dave and Kimberlys which has been nice after some manic days in San Francisco and catching up with much needed sleep! Have had 2 thanksgiving dinners - one at Kimberleys parents on Wed night, and another at her brothers house on Thurs afternoon where the whole family came. We have had enough turkey until Xmas now!!

Today we went to Lancaster in Pennsylvannia with Kimberly and her mother, to see the Amish people and look around an old Amish house. The tour was really interesting, and we saw a few Amish buggies being pulled around the town by horses. For those of you who don't know, the Amish dont use electricity or drive cars, and lead very simple lives generally living off their land by farming.  

Black Friday is a big shopping sales day after Thanksgiving and we got some very cheap bargains in a Gap outlet centre. Hopefully the sales will continue over the weekend, as we are meeting a few girls from work tomorrow in New York, who are joining us for the last few days of our trip. Flying back on Tues night and arrive back in UK on Wed morning.

Forgot to mention in earlier blogs that we have been stitched up big time flying out of LA and San Francisco airports, and have been 'randomly' selected at check in for a secondary and more thorough search going through airport security both times. This involves having our hand luggage searched by hand and being swabbed for explosives traces, going through a detector that puffs air at us to try and detect explosives and drugs traces, and being patted down. Be interesting to see what happens when we go through security at JFK on Tues night!!! At least we now know what to look for on our boarding passes that indicates we will have problems when we pass through security. We don't know if we get picked on because we have visited several countries, or because we changed both of our flight times. Hardly anyone else got special treatment at San Francisco!!!

This may be our last blog before we go home, as we will prob be far too busy with the girlies to have time to play on the internet! Will do a last update and add photos when back at home.

 See you at the end of the week xxxxx

Tags: Airports

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.