Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Celebrity Stalkers!

USA | Monday, 19 November 2007 | Views [522]

Now been in California a week. Stayed with Lou's uncle who she hadnt seen for 15 years, and met his new wife. Then got taken to her cousin Chris's house and saw his daughter for the first time.

On Tues Chris took us sight seeing in LA and we went to find the Hollywood sign up in the Hollywood hills. Then went for a wander around Hollywood, and looked at the Kodak theatre where the Oscars take place, and Grahmans chinese theatre where all the stars hand and foot prints are in the concrete outside. We booked onto a tour that drives round Hollywood and Beverly Hills area and shows where all the stars live. Unfortunately they were all camera shy, and we didn't see anyone, but nice houses anyway!

In the afternoon Chris took us to Venice Beach, and we strolled along the beach front checking out the local freaks that try and con money out of tourists! Went to see the body builders at muscle beach but it must of been steroid time, as noone was there!!!! Took some really cool photos of the sun setting over Venice Beach while we had a beer in a beach bar.

Flew to San Francicso on Wed morning and had our first slight disaster in missing a flight! Not a problem though so we booked onto the next one 2 hours later, which gave us time for a Starbucks.

The first hostel we had booked into was in a really dodgy part of San Francisco, despite the website saying it was in the city centre. We didnt feel at all safe walking past drunks, homeless and probably drug dealers to get there. The actual hostel itself was quite nice. Managed to find a nicer way to get into town by taking a large detour!

We have been to Fishermans Wharf, Alcatraz, Lombard Street ( very twisty road!) and Golden Gate Park - where we attempted roller blading and gave up after 10 mins and Lou falling on her arse twice. Ouch!!! Also been on the trams which are like roller coasters going up and down the steep hills.

Today we hired bikes and went on an 8 mile bike ride which included cycling over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a shame it was a very foogy day and we didnt have much of a view from the bridge. Caught a ferry back from the other side back to Fishermans Wharf. Saw a bloke taking an iguana for a walk on a lead this afternoon - very strange!

We ahave changed hostels and are now in the downtown area which is much nicer, although didnt get much sleep last night because of all the traffic outside. Trumpton like to use their sirens and air horns 24 hrs a day which gets quite annoying during the night.  Sharing our room with a woman who looks like Whoopi Goldberg and doesn't stop talking!

Tags: Sightseeing

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.