Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

New York

USA | Friday, 30 November 2007 | Views [499]

We met up with the girls from work after getting a greyhound bus from Wilmington in Delaware to New York Port Authority bus terminal. There was nearly a riot on the bus when the driver took a very scenic route instead of going on the freeway.

On Sat night we ate in an American diner, and were amazed at the size of the food portions. After we went ice skating in Central Park, and all managed to get around the ice rink a few times.

Sunday was shopping day and we got a coach to Woodbury Commons outlet centre and bought loads of stuff. In the evening we went to Little Italy, had a nice meal and found a cocktail bar that served some very strong and dodgy tasting cocktails. Jackie amused us by getting quite drunk!!

Macys was top of the list on Monday and we had a few hours shopping in there. Then went to the World Trade centre site and Ground Zero, and looked around the visitors tribute centre that was very moving and interesting. We lost Kate and Jeaninne, and continued to the Staten Island ferry terminal where we caught a ferry to look at the Statue of Liberty.

In the afternoon we had a look around Bloomimgdales around randonly bumped into Kate and Jeaninne who had arrived the same as us. Bit spooky considering how big NY is, and their phone batteries had run out so we couldn't contact them! We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square.

On Tues we checked out of our hostel and hotel and went up the Empire State Building. The views from the top we pretty good, as it was a clear day, although it was really windy. Did a bit of shopping, and then went our seperate ways to get flights home. Unfortunately we were't flying from the same terminal as the others.

Now we are back home and catching up on sleep.  

Tags: Sightseeing

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.