Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Where's Nemo?!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 17 October 2007 | Views [609]

Went on a trip to the Great Barrier Reef on Monday. The sea appeared quite calm in Cairns harbour, but as soon as we got out into open water the rollercoaster ride started. It was like being on a bucking bronco, and before long Lou's breakfast reappeared. The fish were impressed with it anyway! The first place we stopped to go snorkelling looked very picturesque in the brochure, but slightly different with 25 knot winds. Struggled to get our flippers on while being battered by waves. Lou's snorkel was broken and leaked water, but this wasn't noticed until she had taken in a large breath and straight afterwards a large mouthful of sea water. Yuck! Strarted puking again and decided she had had enough and got taken back to the big boat in a rescue dingy. Chav went in for the second snorkelling stop and saw quite a bit of marine life but Nemo wasn't anywhere to be seen.

On Tues we went caught a bus to Palm Cove which is a nice beach north of Cairns, and spent a few hours there.  It was our last day in Cairns so we went out for a meal with our room mates and played night frisbee ( with a frisbee with LED lights in it), nearly taking out a few of the locals in the process!

We are now in Brisbane, and are really looking forward to seeing Nikki and Griff tomorrow. Meeting them for coffee and cake by the river. Then going back to Nikkis to spend a night or two with her. Unfortunately she is working from Fri so we will probably head to Surfers Paradise for the day. Off to New Zealand on Sun and booked a campervan to explore the North and South Islands. Hoping to find somewhere to watch the rugby final, but as its on at 5am over here,may not have much luck. Had to watch a replay of the semi-final on Sun night in an irish bar in Cairns as nowhere was showing that game live.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.