Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Hanging 10 in Paradise!

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 19 October 2007 | Views [504]

Met up with Nicki and Griff in Brisbane yesterday and had coffee and cake and a good old gossip in a cafe by the river. We took a sight seeing bus tour of the city and learnt many interesting facts such as the bus building factory manufacturing a new gas powered bus every 2 days. Thrilling! we went back to Nickis who is kindly putting us up for 2 nights.

Nicki felt a sudden impending dysentry attack about to occur this morning, and decided that for the sake of her poor patients she had better phone in sick and spend the day with her visitors. After a slight nightmare working out the logistics of getting to Surfers Paradise without getting stuck in the traffic heading to the Indy car racing which is also happening at Surfers this weekend we were off to the beach to have a surf lesson.

We chose Cheyne Horans school of surf as he one of Australia's top pro surfers. After putting on a very classy looking rash vest we were ready to start our lesson. Waves were massive and there was a lot of dumping going on. But we perservered and after a few minor injuries we all managed to stand up. Chav nearly lost her bikini bottoms, and Lou and Nicki nearly started a full moon party in the surf while being filmed by a cameraman for the surf school company. We were very proud and totally knackered when we received our certificates and a CD of our surfing efforts which you may get to see the photos of, after we have airbrushed any excess and unwanted flesh that was unwittingly displayed!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.