Existing Member?

More Time than Money

Bristol

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 15 December 2005 | Views [440]

Arrived in Bristol-aye the other day from London to catch up with a friend I met during the days of wallowing in Qingdao beer in China.

Getting here was a bit of a task, the bus was "delayed" by one hour, but by judging from the departure times it suspiciously looks like they just decided not to run our service and cram us onto the next bus! All this meant that George, my conscripted guide to Bristol, couldnt meet me at the bus station becuase he thought attending his final GP Placement for uni just a tad more important than meeting a flee-ridden (OK its not that bad) ozzy backpacker :) But, with the ever-effusive help desk attendant shouting my name at the bus station, it came apparent George had left me something; a Bristol A to Z and a Student Union guide to Bristol.

The idea of a uni campus actually looking aesthetically pleasing is a concept somewhat forreign to me coming from the architectural delight of UTS, but Bristol University has some damn fine grounds .... student life here seems to be much more active here but I suppose much of that can be explained by the British tradition (and a somewhat wise one at that!) of moving out for uni.

Went around town today taking happy snaps of Bristol .... tho the film seems to be now stuck in the camera ... looks like a session in the uni's darkroom tomorrow to get it out. Hopefully going to put some B&W film in tomorrow as well and insha'allah, should be developing that set of film myself yayayayay!

Hopefully cycle to Bath tomorrow for a day trip, was thinking of dashing off to Oxford soon but opted fo the lazy inactive stay in Bristol option instead, though it looks like I'll be heading up to Birmingham in the next few days.

All the best

Jim

Tags: Relaxation

About bionicbishop


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.