Existing Member?

More Time than Money

London

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 13 December 2005 | Views [458]

Hi all,

Hopefully I can defy my techonological ineptness and figure out how to put something on here! Anyway, I arrived here in London a couple of days ago courtesy of Gulf Air. The flight went fairly smoothly, managed to catch up with plenty sleep at Bahrain airport, an airport which seems to distinguish itself by having more guards/officials/military personnel in the airport terminal than actual passengers. You even have someone directing you into the appropriate door when you go the toilets, just in case the ubiquitous male and female pictures that were on each door respectively left you confused.

Havent done anything awe inspiring here in London. Went around all the tourist haunts consisting of a something a bit like a   "Monopoly board" tour of Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Westminster Bridge. It seems that in Trafalgar Square, the height of the monuments to Nelson and friends seems to be directly proportional to how many inadequately armed armies and defenceless locals they managed to wipe out .... double points if those killed were French!

Probably wont be able to get any photos uploaded to this website ... ive opted for the manual camera so you guys can admire my overexposed and out-of-focus photography when I get back. Off to Bristol tomorrow.

Jim 

Tags: Relaxation

About bionicbishop


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.