Existing Member?

Somewhere Out There

London

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 6 April 2011 | Views [488]

London is literally seeping with history. And pubs. The days have been nice, for the most part, and the parks are fantastic. I've walked around and bumbled up and down streets for the past few days. I've seen some beautiful architecture, heard great music, and saw a show on the West End. All in All, my London experience has been really nice. But the truth is, I can't wait to get to New York. I'm near the end, and the anticipation to be back in the US is a little maddening. I'm not really able to look back on the last few months with anything that doesn't resemble a jumble of languages and images. Right now, the only clear view I have is forward. But my thanks go out to Everyone who has helped me along this trip - I absolutely literally couldn't have done it without each and everyone of you. Now that I'm going home, I'll have the chance to collect my thoughts and rehash and enjoy all of my memories. Right now I'm getting ready to pack up my bag and get ready for tomorrows travels. I'm flying into Newark, very anticlimactic, but I'm being met at the airport by my dear friend Tina, and shuttled back into the New York - a city that, let's face it, can't be beat. I wouldn't compare it to any of the places I've been, but I will never feel about any of them the way I feel about New York. Whats not to love - the urine stained subways? The foul mouthed cabbies? The dirty water dogs? I'm bizarrely looking forward to all of it (ok, and the museums, great food, amazing people, ect.,ect.). Back to London - Once more into the breach dear friends, once more - by which I mean I'm off to have a final pint with my friend. 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.