Existing Member?

Somewhere Out There

Nice was Nice

FRANCE | Tuesday, 8 March 2011 | Views [506]

Yesterday I was in Nice in the heart of the French Riviera. It's not high season, but the city still has a holiday vibe. The daily market is lovely, and on Mondays it becomes an antique market for the area. I looked around, spokes some french, and made my way towards the sea. The beach is full of small stones, and the water was anything but calm. I sat and listened to the surf rolling in, and enjoyed the hefty sea breeze. I didn't grow up near big beaches or seas or the ocean, but I still find a lot of comfort from it. Those noises let my mind wander into places it wouldn't otherwise. Also, the feel of the surf gusting into my hair and skin seems to wake everything up. The palm trees were blowing and the ferris wheel was turning. There is a little Children's park right near the beach. It was a good day. Now I'm back in Gonfaron and I'm about to take a walk around the village. The small Provencal streets are perfectly picturesque. Soon I will be leaving for the west, and I will miss this area. I'm promising myself a return, and not in the distant future.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.