Existing Member?

Somewhere Out There

Whales

COOK ISLANDS | Saturday, 25 September 2010 | Views [338] | Comments [2]

Not much time left on my internet pass - sooo....planning is stressful wherever and whenever you are - perhaps more so without cell phone, constant internet, and easy access to international banks/phones/etc. That said, I've got all my NZ plans ready to go. I leave early on Monday, arrive midday on Tuesday (I really do understand the international date line now) and am off and running. So the title, whales: I saw some Way out to see, really I saw their blow holes blowing and a splash of what could have been fin or tail , but it was still really cool. Whales - flashback to the NY Museum of History with Leeanne before I left NYC - the Giant Blue Whale (it is a blue whale right?) - and to know that some other whales (I don't think blue) were right there, within sight, it feels pretty amazing. I must run, but friends, please comment if you'd like - I'd love to know you're out there - you can't imagine how many times a day I think of something I'd like to tell each of you, so many of you - my blackberry and I will be reunited someday, but for now, it's good we're taking some time off.

Comments

1

YES! The big blue whale at the museum. One of my favorite things. I was just thinking about that amazing day. I just took a couple of my dancers Madame Geneva's (from another amazing time out) and told them about PDT (which we most likely won't revisit---they got a lot of press and you know what that means). That brought me back to that incredible day...much more ahead. But first you have so much to do and so many experiences to come on your trip. You look like you are in your element....I could go on forever. Anyway, your posts are amazing. I miss you much and I love that you saw Whales!
Love you!

  Leeanne Oct 1, 2010 4:03 AM

2

oh, that whale! it's one of my earliest memories. my family's from NY, so we spent about a month each summer growing up visiting my grandparents in Merrick, LI, and my aunt & uncle in Murray Hill. that whale was so awesome, using the word as my gramma would use it. it is emblazoned on my brain for eternity.

i miss you so much. come back here. we need you.

  lauren payne Oct 1, 2010 3:04 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cook Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.