Existing Member?

Going Besök

The plan

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 17 March 2008 | Views [470]

OK, probably time to give a rough outline of our various trips while we're in Europe.  We fly out of Brisbane on 8 April and return on 30 December.  Our home base will be with Emma's aunt and uncle in Rockhammar near Örebro (sort of midway between Stockholm and Oslo if you're glancing at a map).

We've got a tour of Europe ("the Kumuka tour") from late April to late May, going through:
Madrid, Granada, Valencia, Barcelona,
Avignon, Nice, Florence, Rome, Venice,
Munich, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, and finishing in Paris.

Then we're planning a (probably driving) trip up the Swedish coast and down into Finland in early June (including a couple of nights in Rovaniemi where Emma's father was born), followed by Midsommar celebrations with Emma's family.

Next comes a rail trip up Sweden and down Norway in late June/early July, followed by a week at the Herräng International Swing Dance Camp (we're doing week 3 for those playing at home).

Then we're off to Switzerland for a couple of weeks seeing the Alps by train in July/August, including hopefully a couple of days in Mazzo (near Tirano in northern Italy - where my grandfather was born).

Then the work begins with a 4 week stint in Göteborg (Gothenburg) in August/early September.

This is followed for the rest of September by a 3 week driving trip around the UK and Ireland that hopefully won't be a total mad dash.

Next we're back in Örebro for Emma to do more work in October, followed by 3 weeks to maybe see some Arctic winter and go to a wedding or something.

Then it's another 4 weeks working in Örebro in November/December and then a (hopefully) white Xmas and then home.

Then there's wedding plns to think about.

Anyway, that's the plan.  We'll see how much of it comes off eh?  Stay tuned.

About besoka


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.