Existing Member?

Travelling india: the trip with no plans

From Bhopal to Dharamasala

INDIA | Wednesday, 2 June 2010 | Views [257] | Comments [2]

Arrived in Delhi this morning after a 12 hour train journey from Bhopal..Spent a week with my Indian friend Rakesh and his mother. Once again I was treated with incredible generosity, they'd give tya the skin off their back. They showed me loads of places in central India, from Indian style marriages to rural villages living solely on the food they grow. The food here in India is amazing, every day im trying new dishes, ll of which are amazing...the only thing is they are not having a good effect on my stomach(lets not go into that}. Bhopal is wll of the tourist trail in India, from the moment I got there didnt see 1 tourist for the duration of my stay. Glad to see a couple of westerners in Delhi for a change...Heading for Dharamasala at 4.30 this afternon on the overnight buss...meeting a girl from Ireland and her fiance who I met on the plane there..hopefully going to do yoga, cooking lessons, and a couple of treks...looking forward to the cooler weather there...45 degrees in Delhi right now!!

Comments

1

Sounds like your just about to get started! Your ass must be killin' ya, lol. You'll be a skinrat in no time.

  Damien Jun 2, 2010 11:44 PM

2

Hey Evan,
sounds like ur havin a ball!! sure only u could mingle so well with the locals but ya better watch out though they might be tryin to marry ya off!! anyways keep in touch and you can cook us all some nice indian food when u come back!
Take care x

  Rachel K Jun 4, 2010 12:52 AM

About berniemac


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.