Existing Member?

Around the World A Journey to Remember

Take 2

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 6 December 2009 | Views [352] | Comments [1]

Day 2- Ready to Go

Day 2- Ready to Go

Sunday 6th December. I awoke early to phone the airport to find out our new flight details. The flight had been rescheduled to 12.00. We arrived at the airport to find a queue with over 200 passengers awaiting today’s departure. It took us over 2hrs to reach the front of the line (at which point the check in computer crashed) and it became perfectly obvious that we would not be departing on time…. Again! If the waiting wasn’t bad enough our boarding passes were now being hand written due to the computer problems. It was like travelling in the 80s! To top things off, channel 7 news showed up and was interviewing disgruntled passengers. Personally, I have no complaints about the service. Sure, the delay was an inconvenience, but I’d rather fly on a plane that's mechanical sound than one that isn’t. We were in no rush to get to Tokyo and so we just made the most of the situation. Others weren’t so calm after having to spend a night in a hotel and missing their connecting flight and consequently their European coach tour. We finally passed through security and said our goodbyes again. We boarded the plane fairly quickly and our plane finally took off at 2pm to a huge roar of cheers. We were finally on our way. Now for Kuala lumpar…. The airport is amazing. Designer shops, plenty of eateries and it’s all so clean. We checked in for our flight to Tokyo, had a massage, failed miserably at eating noodles with chopsticks, and before we knew it; we were onboard again bound for Tokyo.

Comments

1

That bear is so friggin cute!!
..glad you FINALLY got to Tokyo! <3

  Tegan Bennett Dec 8, 2009 7:15 PM

About bekkie

Day 2- Ready to Go

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.