Existing Member?

Around the World A Journey to Remember

Tokyo

JAPAN | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [380]

Day 3- Tokyp Dome All Light Up

Day 3- Tokyp Dome All Light Up

Mon 7th December

We finally arrived in Tokyo…. And surprisingly so had our luggage.

We shipped our skis off to Myoko, bought a train ticket and made our way to central Tokyo.

The scenery from the train was great. There were so many trees…. it wasn’t at all what I had expected.

As we got closer to the city the trees dwindled and the houses get closer and closer together. It was near impossible to determine whose house was whose. There were no driveways, gardens or streets, just house upon house.

We arrived in Ueno station and knew our next challenge was probably the hardest thing we had faced yet….. The subway. Surprisingly, though it was very simple, and everyone was so helpful.

 We made it to the hotel with surprising ease and checked in straight away.

We had a simple room with bunk beds but located in a quiet street in the heart of Tokyo. It was ideal.

 Mark and I decided to for a wander to unearth some of Tokyo’s delights. And that’s exactly what we did.

 Walking up the street we discovered Tokyo dome- a huge sports stadium surrounded by an amusement park. It was all set up for Xmas with lights everywhere.

We had a coffee in starbucks and continued to familiarize ourselves with the area.

After a quick nap at the hotel we headed back out to Tokyo dome for dinner. We weren’t quite ready for Japanese cuisine and the language barrier was proving a slight problem. Never the less we managed, and settled for an English pub and dug into fish and chips.

We headed back out the view all the lights at the dome at night. They were even more spectacular at night.

On our way back to our hotel we took a detour and wound up in tokyos sports shop district.

I have never seen so many ski shops in all my life.

Shop after shop after shop jam packed with skis, boots and the brightest and funkiest ski clothing I have ever seen. It was amazing… if not a little tempting to spend all my money.

What an awesome day

I love Tokyo.

About bekkie

Day 2- Ready to Go

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.