Existing Member?

Around the World A Journey to Remember

The journey begins... sort of!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 December 2009 | Views [345]

Day 1- Airport

Day 1- Airport

Saturday 5th December

The day had finally arrived for my big adventure!! I was excited but nervous about the journey that lay ahead.

I met mark at the airport, we checked in and went through the numerous other airport procedures.

Then it was time for goodbyes.

After a slightly emotional farewell we made our way through to the international gate… From now on we were on our own.

We boarded the plane and made ourselves comfortable for the long journey ahead.

But then…

We were told that our flight was delayed due to a mechanical fault. We waited patiently eagerly awaiting our departure.

No such luck unfortunately. After an hour and a half sat aboard we were told to disembark and wait for the problem to be fixed.

So we waited… and waited…. And waited and waited…. Every half an hour being told that engineers needed another 30mins to rectify the issue.

5hours passed as mark and I sat and entertained ourselves in the airport: music, reading, general chit chat. I felt like Tom Hanks in the movie The Terminal… we were trapped in the airport.

We were surrounded by disgruntled passengers who, like us had missed their connecting flight in Kuala Lumpar.

Finally the news arrived that our plane would not be leaving tonight!

Despite having not left the country, we had to go through immigration and customs and collect our baggage.

Mum and dad retrieved me from the airport and I went home to spend one more night in my own bed after a long day.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

About bekkie

Day 2- Ready to Go

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.