Existing Member?

Bec & Simon

Salzburg, Austria

AUSTRIA | Friday, 30 July 2010 | Views [1024]

Us in front of Salzburg castle

Us in front of Salzburg castle

After all our travel last year and our trips during our time in Munich this year, we decided that we should start seeing a few places a little closer to 'home'. So, one random weekend we woke up and decided to go to Salzburg for the day. Bit spoilt aren't we...'Sunday, nice weather, what shall we do?' 'Let's go to Austria'!.....It's a pretty good life!

We took the train to Salzburg from Munich, which was great. It's only a couple of hours from here on the train, so it is perfect for a day trip. Salzburg is a very pretty town, especially when it is such a beautiful day as what we had. We pretty much spent the day wandering around the city. Of course we visited all the sights from the Sound of Music, and Simon amazed the tourists with his rendition of 'Climb Every Mountain'. We drank lots of coffee and I sampled some fantastic ApfelStrudel.

For once, no travel issues or other crazy stories to tell about. For once, everything went as planned, and we had a really nice, relaxing day! Thank you Austria.

 

About bec-simon

Enjoying a little bit of sun in winter

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.