Existing Member?

Bec & Simon

London, United Kingdom

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 6 November 2009 | Views [724]

Us at Southbank, opposite the House of Parliament

Us at Southbank, opposite the House of Parliament

London has been a fairly quick stopover for us between Egypt and Africa. We've had four days here and have certainly had the real London experience. The weather has been absolutely miserable. It's freezing, wet and it is dark by 4.30pm - pretty standard London from what I've heard!

We were fairly lucky to have one nice day (just slightly above freezing temperature!). We made the most of it and flashed around to all the major sights in one day! We walked along Southbank, which I imagine would be a really pretty spot given a bit of sunny weather. We checked out the House of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace. 

We spent an afternoon at the British Museum which was brilliant. I'd rate it top three of the museums we've seen so far, and we've seen a bloody lot of museums! Their Egyptian section was awesome, although, having just come from Egypt, we probably appreciated it a bit more than we would have otherwise.

That's it, short and sweet. Flying out to Johannesburg today. Hopefully we'll be dining with the hippos within 24 hours!

 

About bec-simon

Enjoying a little bit of sun in winter

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.