Existing Member?

Bec & Simon

Santiago, Chile

CHILE | Friday, 23 January 2009 | Views [947]

Ok, so our trip to Santiago in Chile didn't start as smoothly as we'd hoped. Missing a flight from Auckland to Santiago was a pretty stressful experience (don't ask us about it yet, when we get back in twelve months we might be able to laugh about it!!), but it all ended well. Simon and I are forever indebted to a lovely young lady that works for LANchile airlines, who sorted it all out for us and got us on a flight the very next day. So we arrived in Chile a day later, but a whole lot wiser! The couple of days we spent in Chile were jetlag recovery time, but we did manage to see a few cool things before we left. We spent most of the time exploring the city, which is huge and incredibly busy. We visited the Zooalogica de Santiago (can you guess what that is??). The zoo was pretty cool, it was perched on the side of a mountain! But I felt pretty bad for the animals. The enclosures weren't exactly inhumane, but they were small enough that the animals couldn't really roam around. We were pretty impressed with the prices around Santiago. A massive meal, drink included, cost about $5, although we have yet to find a traditional Chilean meal!!

Tags: chile, santiago

 

About bec-simon

Enjoying a little bit of sun in winter

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.