Existing Member?

European Adventure 2016 2 sisters backpacking 11 countries in 1 month!

Kiss Me I'm Irish

IRELAND | Saturday, 6 August 2016 | Views [504]

Our time in Ireland felt like such a short stay but we saw a lot of great things in that time. We arrived in Dublin in the afternoon and caught the shuttle to our hotel which was a student residence that had just opened Only a week and a half before we arrived. So everything was brand new and beautiful. Our flat had a joint kitchen which was fully loaded with stoves and fridges. It also had a laundry room which was perfect timing as we were starting to run low on clean clothes. Spent my afternoon doing laundry and reading my book which is the first book in the 5th Wave series. Really interesting book so far if you're wondering. After that was all taken care of we decided to go on a bit of a misadventure as we got lost and it started to pour. Ended up doing a little grocery shopping and grabbing a taxi back to our hotel. Our first full day in Dublin started extremely early because I made us some breakfast before our day trip to the Cliffs of Moher. Couldn't believe how gorgeous the cliffs were and just how windy it really gets there!! Which is a lot because we were about to be blown away if we weren't careful. Got to see a few little towns and pubs along the way like the one we stopped in for lunch which consisted of an Irish Beef Stew and an ice cold Heiniken! Really got to feel what the true Ireland is like on this tour because our guide/driver took us off the beaten trail and showed us things no one but the Irish know about. And boy did he like to sing. I probably have heard more Irish folk songs in one day than the entirty of my life. When we returned we were on the hunt for my all time favourite dish Shephards Pie which has come to be quite the hunt! But in the end we prevailed and I got to have a real made with Lamb SHEPHARDS PIE and it was absolutely delicious!!!! My trip was basically made by this one thing. (I'm kinda easy to please...) The following day we spent it walking around and seeing the sights of Dublin and doing a little shopping. And because I have a problem we stopped for a second night at O'Neill's and I had another Shephards Pie haha! After a great couple of days in Ireland it was time to grab a couple hours of shuteye before our early flight to Brussels.

Tags: bcpckngbrtns, bcpckngbrtns2016, cliffs of moher, dublin, europe 2016, european adventure, ireland

About bcpckngbrtns


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.