Existing Member?

European Adventure 2016 2 sisters backpacking 11 countries in 1 month!

The Land of the Scots

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 3 August 2016 | Views [458]

Arriving in Glasgow went well. Because we flew from London we didn't have to deal with customs which was great. Everyone we encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. Caught the express bus into town and hopped right on the hop on hop off bus. Got to see a lot of the city on this ride to our hotel. When we arrived at our hotel again the gentleman at the front desk was so welcoming and everything went so smoothly. The hotel we stayed at was the Kelvin Hotel. It basically is an inn. We got breakfast every morning which was the best thing ever seeing as we didn't have to worry about it at all. Spent our first day on the Hop on Hop off tour and saw the whole city and their free museums and all the goregous old buildings and the crazy history of the city and country itself. Our second we had booked a day tour but they messed up the booking which kinda sucked, but they were great about it and got us on another tour which was different than the one we had originally but for free and a refund of our original tour so let's be serious I'm not complaining. We got to go to Stirling Castle where Mary Queen of Scots herself lived in a one time. Also got to see her church just down the street which was beautiful!! After Stirling we went to Loch Lomond which was so incredibly stunning that pictures can't even capture it!! I wish we could have stayed there forver!! The last stop of the day was a tour and tasting at Glengoyne Whiskey Distillery which was very interesting. Meaghan tried whiskey for the first time which was hysterical and of course I got it on film to remember this momentus occasion. Our driver/guide did a fantastic job. He was full of great information and was such a nice and funny guy. Kinda cute too :P Too short for me though haha. Unfortunatelly it was time to go and I really didn't want to because I loved it there!! I without a doubt would go back in a heartbeat!! Heck I'd move there!!

Tags: bcpckngbrtns, bcpckngbrtns2016, europe 2016, european adventure, scotland

About bcpckngbrtns


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.